Slip Safety Services’ founder, Christian Harris, will be speaking at an Airmic Academy event in London on Thursday 13th February.
Centered around slips and trips insurance claims and the rising cost of claims over time, Christian will be joined by James Harvey, partner of leading solicitors BLM and Claire Combes, Airmic Board Member.
Slips and Trips continue to be highest frequency cause of public liability and employer’s liability claims. The aim of this workshop is to consider proactive strategies to avoid incidents occurring but in the event that incidents do occur making sure corporates are in the best position to defend them. There is often a challenge in making a business case to invest in the right systems and process along with driving behavioural changes to ensure a culture of compliance. This will be an interactive session for attendees to share experience and best practice.
The agenda is as follows:
- Problem – setting the scene in relation to key issues, the background to the problem and the cost to the business
- Detail of how to look at the issue of floor safety and address it in proactive way
- Solution and success story – Claire Combes, Airmic Board Member, will set out her experience of the issues faced by the business, identifying the solution, making the business case for investment and the outcome
- Drawing it together and defensibility – considering the law, what the courts like and do not like and regulatory and reputational risks
- Bursary – funding for projects to drive improvement
- How to drive the message within the organisation
Christian’s content will explain how to use the CHIMES framework to better understand the slip safety issues you face and how to reduce risk. Clients that have followed Slip Safety Services’ methodology have seen 85% reductions in accidents, even in constantly wet environments like swimming pools, and / or 70%+ reductions in claims.
The event is open to Airmic members and you can sign up here